Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tosco Music Party!

     Hello everybody! I would first off like to say I am extremely sorry I haven't posted since last September. This past year has been so crazy and hectic I haven't had much time to collect my thoughts on here. To be quite honest, I was mad at myself when I saw that it has been almost a whole year. I promise to get better about it.
     What better way to start back up this year than to share pictures of my most recent show. This past Saturday I performed a song at Tosco's Music Party. If you haven't heard of it, it is a big show in Charlotte, NC that showcases all different types of music. From classical guitarist, to bluegrass, gospel, and many more. If you've never been to one of these I thought it would be fun to bring it to you!


Pre-show hanging out 
My band and I ran over my song a couple of times. As you can see I'm also wearing my Grandpas old flannel shirt so I wouldn't get anything on my outfit before singing (which I have learned the hard way plenty of times).


My point of view half the time    


This here is Ethel. She is the pretty one in our band. 


As of recently, I've been doing more shows with my acoustic band. I've definitely found my own music style. These two guys have been so much fun to work with. They both do it for the love of music. It doesn't matter if we get paid. If they're available, I know I can count on them. (From left to right. Me, Gabriel Nicholson, and David Hearne)


Here, we have me and my managers! I'm really happy to be working with them. (From left to right. Walt Stewart, Me, and Roger Cullis)


Right before I go on stage, I normally go through several different emotions. As you can see from the look on my face, I was currently going through the 'Oh Goodness We're Next Someone Get Me A Paper Bag' emotion.


Last minute instructions on where to go


Getting James Taylor ready to go
(That's the name of my guitar) You'd be surprised how many times I've started something in the wrong key.


This isn't even half of the people who were in the audience. One of my favorite things is looking out into a crowd. (Photo taken by Phillip Carias) 


After I got done performing, I was heading to my signing table when I saw this. One of my favorite things about living where I do is that it's near Charlotte. Just like every city, it has it's flaws but there is nothing like being there in the evening.

One of my favorite parts about Saturday night, was the fact that I got my own signing table. I love meeting new people and getting to talk to them about my music. 



I had several people ask me what inspired me to write the songs on my EP. I don't normally get asked that question, so I was really happy someone took interest in it. I've always liked to hear other artists tell stories behind how their songs were written, so knowing that someone wanted to know mine was amazing. So many people stopped and bought my Country Sky EP, and I just wanted to say a quick thank you to anyone who did.


As you can see, by the end of the night, I had my flannel back on. Meeting everyone was fun, but a lot of people don't realize what goes on behind the scenes. From getting ready to go on stage, to being one of the last people to leave after you pack up all you're stuff, a show is a lot of work. If it hadn't been for my mom and dad, I don't know what I would have done. All in all, it was a wonderful night. I hope you guys have enjoyed just a little piece of my Saturday night. 


     The best part about not having blogged in almost a year, is the fact that I've gotten a chance to find myself more. I've figured out what style fits me best, and I've grown up a little. I'm working on a new EP that should be out late October or early November, which I'm super excited about. My music has evolved a lot over time, but more on that later. I hope you all are doing well! 


xx Carson 

No comments:

Post a Comment