Monday, July 14, 2014

Greetings From The West Coast!

     I have been in California now for 2 1/2 days and I love it! It's such a wonderfully laid back atmosphere. Sometimes I wish I were better with words because it's so hard to describe. Brad and his family are so friendly and nice. His nine year old daughter, Frankie, is like my new best friend. She also has a beautiful singing voice. And Brad's wife, Kim, is so much fun to talk to. The day I arrived Brad took me sight seeing at Hollywood Blvd. and a place that over looked LA. Then we went back to his house and fixed the song arrangements. We also recorded scratch vocals and guitar. Needless to say I was running on fumes because I was so tired.


     Yesterday, they took me bike riding at Santa Monica beach. We rode to Venice beach and back. 7 mile round trip. That was so amazing. It didn't even feel like 7 miles because of all the people watching. One thing I loved about the beach was that there were so many different types of people. A lot of people think that there are only weirdos in LA, but that's not how I see it. I think it's wonderful that there are so many eccentric people here. They're more accepting of being different. And yeah, okay, there are a few weirdos.... but the good kind. After the beach, Brad and I recorded some lead vocals till late that night.
     Today, we started working at the studio around 10:30 am and went till 8:00 pm. We just tracked guitars. Kevin was the bomb! He's so talented it's not even funny. I tried to get as much video for my video diaries as I could. Now that we have guitar, the songs sound so wicked. I'm just going to warn you guys, it's very different from anything you've heard from me. It has a really nice 70's rock vibe going on. I'm so excited to get to share it with you. 


     Tomorrow, we're going back to Studio Wishbone (Brad's studio) to record the drums! Jimmy Paxson (who also plays for Stevie Nicks) is going to be laying down his tracks. I'm super excited to meet him. So basically tomorrow's going to be another busy day. I'm going to try to edit my video diaries on the plane back home Thursday. 
     I wish you guys could fully experience this. I'm so in love with California. Stay tuned and keep up with everything on my Facebook Page! I've been trying to post pictures as much as I can. I love you guys! Kisses from the west coast! 

xxC

P.S. Sorry for any typos or improper grammar! I'm so tired and it was all I could do to just write this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment