Saturday, October 4, 2014

New Single Coming Monday!!!

     How's it going guys?! I hope you are enjoying the beginnings of Fall. This is actually my favorite time of the year, not just because it's getting closer to my birthday, but because it always feels like a fresh start. The nights start getting colder and the leaves start changing; everything feels like a new possibility... Okay, that was cliche even for me. There is a point to this post I promise haha.
     I announced this past week I'm going to be releasing a new single Monday! I couldn't keep it to myself any longer, mostly because I'm bad with secrets. After spending about three months listening to it in my car I finally get to share it with you all! And let me just say, for the first time ever I'm still not sick of listening to myself. (Weird I know.)
     Some of you have been following me since I first started playing music professionally about 5 years ago. One of the toughest things I've found with starting music so young is that the older you get the more you evolve into who you want to be. The EP's in the past were a representation of who I was at the time; as I've matured I have had to decide what truly makes me happy. As humans we are constantly changing our minds. Thankfully, I'm not having to grow as a musician in front of millions of people but I will say I have been super nervous for you guys to hear the new stuff.
     As you all know, back in July I flew out to L.A. to record two songs with Brad Smith. One of the first things he asked me was what kind of music I had been listening to recently and what direction I was wanting to go with the production. It was such a strange thing to really think about what kind of music makes me happy on a daily basis. I generally love all kinds of music. 
    When we started recording this song it morphed into this amazing sound. I have always had a hard time explaining what I want. I'm an over thinker and perfectionist; there I said it haha. But the moment we started recording the tracks for this I knew that it was exactly what I wanted. It embodied my writing style, my personality, and overall the music I would love to create for the rest of my life. Oddly enough, I don't think I could stick it in a genre. It could possibly go anywhere. I'll let you guys decide that. It's definitely different.
     Maybe that's why the start of this Fall already feels like the promise of big and amazing changes. There's so much going on that I can't wait to share it all with you. I know you probably hate my guts now because you're thinking, "Man, I just wanna hear the song to see what she keeps going on about."

     STAY TUNED TILL MONDAY AND YOU WILL!

     I love you guys with all my heart. Thank you for being with me as I grow as an artist. Your amazing love and support never ceases to make me happy. For three months I have been dying with excitement for you guys to hear what I've been holding so close to my heart. Only one more day!

xxC

Make sure you like my Facebook page so you won't miss it! Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/CarsonHillMus...


P.s. I thought I'd share some awesome quotes for anyone who is afraid of change. Sometimes getting out of your comfort zone is a good thing. Trust me. ;)








     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment