Tuesday, January 27, 2015

First Blog Post of 2015!

     Hi guys! Crazy how a year can fly by huh? Seems just like yesterday I was writing a blog post about saying goodbye to 2013.

*2014's New Year Post*

     2014 has been a year full of firsts for me. I went on my first big trip across the country by myself, I recorded in LA, and I met some really amazing people along the way. I've played so many shows I've lost count. I can't even begin to put into words what my year was like. It always amazes me when I look back on everything that's happened this past year. Here's just a few pictures that I think sum it up nicely…

 (Waxhaw Spring Fest)


(Performing at Huntersville Fall Fest with my drummer Paul Graham!) 


(Doing a #PassedOutGold picture with Goldy LockS in Nasvhille) 


 (Hanging out with Gabbie at Festival in the Park)


 (Visiting the Dove House before doing my first headline concert benefiting them.)


 (Hanging out with Jimmy Paxson in L.A. while recording two new songs)


 (Performing on Charlotte Today for the second time!)


(Carolina Camera coming to my house to do a feature on me. John Carter and Kevin Marlow were so nice!)


 (Meeting this awesome dude, Isaac Corbitt *The Corbitt Borthers*, at the Clear Mountain View Music Festival.)


(Practicing with Randy Franklin and the Sardines for Festival in the Park. *I was a special guest*) 


(Performing at The Row in Nashville for the first time. Totally unplanned.)



(My first day in L.A. with Brad Smith.)


*I would just like to say that I am so thankful for every single opportunity I got this year. I know there's a lot I left out but I am so extremely blessed. THANK YOU!*


     In 2014 I had a lot of stuff going on to the point that when November finally rolled around I got my first breather all year. Not that I'm complaining! I love being busy with my music. I did however have a lot going on behind the scenes. I think every person has their highs and their lows in life. I certainly had my fair share in 2014. When I finally got my first weekend free it just felt plain weird. I asked myself "What now?" The thought of planning for the new year really overwhelmed me. Ask anyone who knows me, I am a worrier (there I said it!).
     During that little window of time off my mom and I took a trip to the beach. I needed some time to forget about some of the stuff I had going on. It was really nice. I didn't have to be social, my cell phone reception was nonexistent so I didn't have to worry about updating on social media, and all the worries I had about my music got to be put on the back burner for a few days. Having that time off to think (or not think) about what I wanted the upcoming year to hold for my music was just so refreshing.




     When I got back home I was ready to focus on opportunities for 2015! Needless to say my break didn't last too long. Christmas is just a busy time in general but add on several holiday performances and I was busy every weekend right up until Christmas Day. I've also been working on getting a full band together again so you'll see some new faces at some of my upcoming shows! I can already feel that 2015 is going to be a great year.
     Every January I make new goals for myself. This year I really want to not sweat the small stuff. I want to not be afraid to voice my opinion and I want to do stuff that makes me genuinely happy. I also wouldn't mind going back to LA…. Just sayin'…. haha.
     I hope you all are having a great start to your New Year! I can't wait to share some exciting stuff with you guys soon. Feel free to comment below some of your 2015 goals
     I love you with all my heart! Thank you for all the support you've given me in 2014. I'm blown away just looking back on all that I've done. I am truly blessed and so thankful for every single person who cares about me and my music. Let's make 2015 a year to remember.


xxC


P.S. Sorry this post is late! It's almost February and I'm just now writing this haha. Obviously being on time is another goal that I won't make this year. :)


My Website- carsonhillmusic.com

Carson Hill Facebook Page

Twitter- @Carsonhhill

Instagram- @Carsonhhill

YouTube Channel- Carsonh25

No comments:

Post a Comment